Let's Learn Calligraphy!
The beautiful art of calligraphy doesn't have to be overwhelming, intimidating, or just for "artsy" people - you don't even need to have good handwriting! Let's Learn Calligraphy is an online resource jam packed with everything you need to get started. You have what it takes to write beautifully!
Learning calligraphy is tough.
There's no beating around the bush. Calligraphy is not an easy skill to learn! But what makes it more difficult? The wrong supplies, misleading tutorials, and a million and a half people on social media who make it look SO easy.
As a self-taught calligrapher, I believe that everyone has what it takes to learn calligraphy. You'll be in this camp if you:
- have the ability to write with your hands (shaky hands, bad handwriting, previous failed attempts at calligraphy are SO welcomed!)
- can carve out 15 minutes, a few days a week to practice - when the kiddos are napping, right before bed, or on your lunch break is a great time to sneak it in
- WANT to learn this beautiful skill and BELIEVE that you deserve to have beautiful writing (we can work on that one 😉)
Let's Learn Calligraphy is an online goldmine of all of the nuggets of wisdom I've learned throughout the years as a self-taught calligrapher. If my best friend (who is a boss lady electrical engineer AND mom to a new baby) wanted to learn calligraphy, this is the class that I would send her to. It's created so that you don't need to take a huge chunk of your busy life to learn, because I know that things are more manageable when you can take your time with them, come back and replay videos, and not feel swamped by learning new things. Here's what's included:
- copious amounts of downloadable practice sheets (drills on drills on drills, anyone?) - get access to them once and get to print as many times as you need!
- videos on EVERYTHING you need to get started with calligraphy: how to put the nib (the funny word for the little metal piece that you write with) in your pen, how to hold your pen, how to get thin and thick lines, how to make letters, how to connect letters, what supplies to buy ... the list goes on.
- already have your own kit of calligraphy supplies that you like? awesome - you can choose the "learn only" option. If you're like me when I started out and have no idea where to source good, quality materials that the "pros" use, then you're in luck. I've created a box of my all-time fave (and affordable!) calligraphy supplies that I give to students in all of my brick & mortar calligraphy class (plus a few extra goodies thrown in!)
- every question you ever had about calligraphy answered. On the rare occasion that I can't answer it, I can bet someone in my local Calligraphy Guild (where I am the youngest member by about 30 years) can! You'll have direct access to my years of knowledge learning calligraphy, working with clients, and teaching calligraphy.
- updates on updates! Calligraphy is an ever-growing skill, and as new topics are added to "Let's Learn Calligraphy", you'll have access to them.
I hope to see you in the class and I can't wait for you to learn this beautiful skill!